The role is responsible for the Management of Money Laundering (ML) and Terrorist Financing (TF) risks. The role will deputize the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and assist in ensuring that appropriate processes have been designed and implemented to manage and mitigate the ML/TF Risks.
The Incumbent will report to Senior Manager Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer and will be responsible for:
- Responding to compliance questions/ queries from various stakeholders such as Business and Operation Teams and Correspondent Banks.
- Providing subject matter expertise on various Bank projects and initiatives such as Onboarding and Monitoring systems.
- Supporting in general compliance awareness, refresher and induction trainings on AML and CFT matters.
- Closing of AML/CFT audit findings, Internal Audit and Independent reviews and liaising with other functions to ensure that AML related audit findings are satisfactorily closed.
- Reviewing of system generated alerts escalated by AML analysts or any other escalations from first line.
- Reviewing of suspicious transaction reports prepared by AML analysts for onward submission to the Financial Reporting Centre (FRC) on go AML platform.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports for Management and supporting in preparation of Management and Board reports.
- Being the lead on FATCA compliance by ensuring that various functions are informed of their responsibilities, due diligence is conducted on US indicia customers and necessary reports are filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Supporting in preparation of Enterprise-wide ML/TF risk assessment on an annual basis.
- Implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring programme from the Compliance Risk Management Plans.
- Identifying and assessing the AML CFT/ Overall compliance and internal control risks and gaps associated with the bank’s activities.
- Entrenching AML policies and ensuring that appropriate AML procedures are implemented effectively by the bank.
- Making recommendations for the review of policies, procedures, and processes where necessary.
- Conducting targeted reviews to assess compliance with internal policies, procedures and processes.
- Raising awareness and providing training to bank staff on compliance policies.
- Assisting in obtaining and updating the Anti-Money Laundering/ Know Your Customer (KYC) information from correspondent Banks as per the requirements of the prudential guidelines.
- Assisting in the administration and reviewing of customer Risk Scoring, High risk customer Identification and KYC documentation oversight requirements.
- Conducting Periodic Enhanced Due Diligence and reviewing of high-risk customers and relationships.
- Handling other duties as assigned to assist with the effective administration of the AML and CFT Compliance Program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience
- Relevant financial institutional and compliance experience, with exposure to different financial institutional products and business operations.
- Previous knowledge in conducting transaction monitoring reviews, deep dive investigations, Enhance Due Diligence, and reporting of suspicious activities.
- Knowledge on the requirements of the Proceeds of Crime and Anti Money Laundering Act, Prevention of Terrorism Act and CBK prudential Guidelines.
- Certification in AML such as ACAMS.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
- Good understanding of AML\CFT regulatory policies with the ability to apply regulatory concepts in the day-to-day job functions.
- Experience in conducting thorough research on high-risk customers.
- Must possess exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze data and decipher high risk attributes.
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 8th November 2022.